Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse with a Mint Chocolate Crunch (and let’s not forget the whipped cream) is the perfect dessert for a holiday party and it can easily be made ahead, ready for when you need it! Serves: 4
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg yolk
1 Tablespoon Kahlua (optional)
4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
12 gluten free Goodie Girl™ Mint Cookies, chopped
1 candy cane, crushed
P R E P A R A T I O N
• Whip heavy cream with 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until peaks form. Divide in half (half will be used for the topping).
• Beat egg yolk with 1 Tablespoon sugar until light yellow and doubled in size.
• Beat in Kahlua if using. Melt chocolate over double boiler or carefully in the microwave (chocolate burns easily!). Allow to cool slightly.
• Slowly add chocolate to egg while continuously beating (see notes in post), careful not to scramble the eggs.
• Fold in whipped cream. Place in serving dishes and refrigerate until set or ready to serve.
• Top with chopped gluten free mint cookies, whipped cream and crushed candy canes.